The campaign begins! We've all been waiting a long time for this.
During the campaign, I will be using this site as a hub. I'll be posting links to my CBC stories, interviews, and podcasts, as well as any interesting links I stumble upon during the campaign. I'll also have some original content (such as the July polling averages) that I will 'link' to as well. And, of course, the riding projections are still here on ThreeHundredEight.
These weekly posts will be continuously updated throughout the week, so check back every day to see what is new!
Friday, August 7, 2015
- The new episode of the Pollcast is up! This week's guest: Léger's Christian Bourque. We talk about the challenges of a long campaign and, of course, Quebec. Who better to talk about Quebec than Christian? The feed is now up, so you can subscribe. We'll have a new episode every week.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
- Talking about uncommitted voters, second choices, and the relative popularity of the premiers vs. their federal doppelgangers on last night's Power and Politics.
- I was on CBC Halifax radio's Mainstreet yesterday, joined by Duane Bratt of Mount Royal University in Calgary and Elizabeth Thompson of iPolitics. We talked about tonight's debate.
- We're aiming to post the latest episode of the podcast tomorrow. If we're lucky, it might even be out today. And yes, it will have it's own feed!
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
- Wynne has an ad trying to boost the Liberals in Ontario, Harper is talking about Notley to hurt the NDP in Quebec. So, I took a look at how the premiers might hurt or help their federal colleagues.
- I took a look at undecideds and uncommitted voters in my column for the CBC this morning. The upshot? A lot of stuff can still happen. You heard it here first.
- We're recording our next episode of the Pollcast today - it should be a good one!
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
- My analysis of the first official day of polling. The Poll Tracker had three new polls added to it: from Nanos, Innovative, and Forum. The first two suggest a close three-way race. The last one suggests the NDP is on track for a big victory. What will the next one say?
- Here I am on Power and Politics discussing the general state of the race.
Monday, August 3, 2015
A little bit of catch-up today from what was a momentous weekend.
- The riding projections have been updated, and are current with the Aug. 2 update of the Poll Tracker.
- The newest Forum poll that raised some eyebrows. 39% for the NDP and 11-point lead: start of a new trend, or the result of polling on a long weekend Sunday?
- The Poll Tracker was updated today, boosting the NDP's lead slightly.
- Here I am on The House on CBC Radio with Terry Milewski, talking about Battleground Toronto.
- Désautels le matin, pour Radio-Canada.
- What does a long campaign mean to you? I was on Ontario Today on CBC Radio on Thursday, you can find it in the list of past episodes.
- And here is the analysis I wrote for Friday's Poll Tracker update.